Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cause I'm the Taxman

Yeah baby! The Beatles and the IRS! On tour and coming to a lap-top near you! Or me!

Today, all day and all night, folks will be scrambling to get those tax returns post-marked with a 4-15 date. It's the yearly bedlam that so many of us forget about until this very day. Some, tragically, remember this date the day after today! Sounds like someone I know...real well.

I have learned my lessons, and learned them well. I don't need the stress...there's plenty of other sources for that. I file for my extension early!

So may I suggest that as people are crashing the servers and o.s.'s with exchanges of spreadsheets, e-files, emails to their accountants (I just so happen to have the best in the world, Miss Linda Bynum--she keeps me straight) that you add just a little bit of aural magic to this otherwise calamity of a day. And since John, Paul, George and Ringo had it figured out so well, may as well listen to them, no? This song, Taxman* opens Revolver. Folks, Revolver is an album--a serious album. This masterpiece from The Beatles, released August 5, 1966, is brilliance and soul: the potential source for a terabyte of blog, a library of books and a lifetime of blissful listening.

Since you are no doubt busy this day, I shan't keep you any longer.
Keeping with my commitment, sort of, to stay regular, current, and disciplined with my writing--blog writing at least--I had to get a quickee in on this monumental day...oh behave!

I just blogged to say I love you.

See you next time and get those taxes in! as ridiculous, unfair, unbalanced and oppressive as our tax system is, you must do it or there will be big trouble. Trust me...I'll be climbing up hill for the next few years. Though I will make it to that hilltop. Thanks again Linda! Thanks again everybody!

Peace to you amigos~
Mateo, Tax Payer Reluctant



*For more info on this incredible song and landmark album, you may search your local library...or check this link. You may need to tweak it a bit, though its cool. Out.
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=101

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Matt,

Can you please post what you said at stan's funeral for those of us who were not able to attend? I've heard good things. Peace.