Monday, October 6, 2008

Coming Soon...Scattered Thoughts

hello faithful readers, writers, visionaries, and revolutionaries

as per my recent covenant, I wanted to give an entry--a quick one--today and say hi to my vast scores of readers. hi! (so old and cliched a joke, I know. my father would be proud!)

today, I am just going to state my goals for blog topics. those coming soon...

evangelical: biblical, or political? who knows the difference? answer: most people claiming to be 'evangelical' do not. Bill Marhe has no idea. I will do my best to enlighten. once I find out.

and

when did it become completely unacceptable to think differently, offer a voice of decent, and when did people nation-wide automatically know that if one professes to be a Christian that they no longer use profanity, cannot believe in ghosts, are war-mongers, want to burn textbooks that teach the theory of evolution (personally, I am fine with a wide variety of theories), will not listen to AC/DC, are militant homophobes, and all the other idiotic prejudged false truths?

and

Rick and Bubba, James Dobson, Sarah Palin, and hundreds of thousands and it seems most Alabamians do not represent the beliefs of every Christian, and in my opinion, they do not represent most, outside of the fundamentalist south and scattered other areas of the world. a Christian cn actually be something other than a NASCAR fan or a Republican. not that both NASCAR fans or Republicans cant be wonderful folks. I know many that are just that--wonderful folks.

and

just as Barack Obama is not the anti-Christ, Nick Saban is not the second coming of Christ. he just represents an opportunity for success, excellence, and a tradition of honor that just may be sent from the Divine. (true I have no idea how to spell Obama's name, correctly)

and

I am working on finishing the album of our old band, Shere Khan aka The Shere Khan Band, aka Sh*t Can, aka SK...and I have decided to create a new, fully armed and operational solo album!!!

and

some general frustrations with people that throw their cigarettes anywhere they please,
and those that will not move from the fast lane when giving the time-honored request to pass. often these people are one in the same. and often, they receive the time-honored symbol of disapproval!

and

jazz, particularly Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Bill Evans and many, many of the cats from that era (the Golden Age?) can be, at the right time, nothing short of sublime bliss.

and

Farnsworth

...there's a lot on my mind.

No comments: