Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Latest, Greatest, Tabula Rasa

so here we go dear readership! yes, I have made a change or two. hmmmm, maybe just the one. well, one so far. hence, the tabula rasa in the title--the Latin phrase which I love and loosely means clean slate, fresh start, new beginning. this kind of thing is quite important from time to time for everyone. it is a very, very biblical notion. particularly, re-newness and re-inventing is an idea that Jesus champions throughout the gospel. And so I now join Jesus in the championing!

I have always held a strange love for both new and old, contemporary and traditional, modern and classic.

studies, statistics, analysis, and all that jazz show and say that most people, if not nearly everyone, are drawn to new things. the search for newness has been the prompting for so many inventions, revolutions, revelations, and beauty. including the aforementioned jazz.

and all the while, human experience and history dictates that most people, if not nearly everyone, are terrified of change. fear of change has been the driving force for much hatred, despicable acts, and barriers to progress. and while not all progress is good progress, progress is generally needed.

I had a feeling today. si, si, we all have many feelings every day. though I had a particularly frustrating feeling today. I failed AGAIN on my dietary goals yesterday, fell asleep on the couch without getting the animales their dinners ('suppers' if your in or from Alabama). now I did fall asleep watching a good, scary movie (The Ninth Gate with Johnny Depp, a Roman Polanski joint) surrounded by some beautiful creatures: Scarlett on my right side, nestled/snuggled by my arms on the reclined couch, Trixter on the other couch in her spot, and MA sacked out to my left--the side nearest my heart, though at a safe distance...it is not a good idea to crowd or cramp her during sleepy time.

Though I woke up again at aroudn 3, shuffled off to the bedroom, with one of the pups, pried my contacts out of my eyes, brushed the TERRIBLE taste I get from 'mouth breathing' while I slept and rested for the next few hours. hoping to rise at 6, or 6-ish, make my morning routine journey, and then attend a very cool sounding summit from our North Alabama Conference. It was FRom Wall Street to Main Street to Church Street. this was a gathering from our top economics and finance gurus within the conference to deal with the worsening, seemingly, economic and financial shape of things. I was almost stoked- it has to be something good or real to get me stoked.

I woke up, early! Then I woke up again, on time. And then, as I am prone to do often, I woke up...late.

I pondered going late, half way through, other options. I fed the dogs--they were quite hungry after all! I cleaned up the previous night's "Farnsworth Surprise", several of them, actually and gathered some clothes together.

I was unsure up the road and back. Decided again' it! I would just make my stops, check the electronic world (a near impossibility where I currently reside), get my coffee on--actually, today, I got my coffee and Halloween cookie on!

While surfing/studying/writing/reading--yes, I typically do all of those while in the electronic environment--I discovered that my conference started at 10am! I wasnt too late...at first. I read this at 9:45am!!! My scatter-brained scattered brain foiled me again!

And so I spent the next hour or so, driving, thinking, being frustrated--by myself!

I did end up purchasing a new Moleskin [clue]. With a new Moleskin, and a new determination to write and journal myself into an organized, productive, creative, prosperous state of being, I had to have a new pen. Nothing short of a nice, new, Dr Grip would do.

and so I now am giving these thoughts and frustrations to this digital community. I may be journaling more than I am blogging. Though I am writing. Whatever the cause, the style, the medium or the genre, I am writing.

And that has to be a good thing.

...au revoir...

No comments: