Friday, October 17, 2008

A New Day, A New Post

greetings, inquiring minds, rockers, hip-hoppers, and people of the Red Sox Nation...and everyone else!

well, it happened again. what a nigth. the miraculous comeback, in large part due to the monster bat of one Senor "Big Papi" David Ortiz, those Red Sox come from seven runs down, and won a must-win game--in regulation, 9 innings! it was so very thrilling.

I was sorely tempted to turn the tube off. generally, I want to do this more and more, and I honeslty believe that turning one's t.v. off is one of the best things one can do for one's life...and the world...and the universe as far as that goes. though, as long as there is baseball in October I will have a t.v., and a healthy dose of superstition and good luck practices. in 2004, during the unbelievable triumph over the Yankees, I watched each game, from the same place and enjoyed the same meal--my den on Oneonta (though technically Lester Memorial's den) and a delicious feta, maybe goat, cheese and onion zah. that would be 'pete's zah'. what can I say, it worked!

this year, it was Farnsworth. the little-big-man, doggy dog. black as midnight, sweet as sugar. he rarely comes upstairs. that is Trixie and Scarlett's turf. F-bomb is typically not behaved well enough to hang in the main audience chamber. though last night, MA went to bed a little early (having to work Friday night). I sat finishing my lovely journey through Eric Clapton's life, through his autobiography, Clapton and waiting to begin my newliterary journey into God's Politics, by Jim Wallis all the while trying to get caught up with CS Lewis' Mere Christianity. these great works are what I should really be writing about, though I still feel the rush from seeing Papi, JD Drew, et al CRUSH some fast balls or'e the short porch in Fenway. btw, Fenway may well be the next pilgremedge for me and MA. its there or Wrigley, we'll see. I am now offically addicted to travel and seeing the world through amazing cities and skies, and country-sides and yes, stadiums.

so while my pen is ready to flow, I seem to be unable to narrow down a particularly prolific topic. I could compose a letter to Joe the Plumber. I could tell of my narrow scrape with Cullman County court system. I have to clear my name, quick and request another court date after having missed mine! just be sure you all have your current proof of insurance if you are driving around in Alabama.

there are some thoughts forming, some good hot written tea a brewin'. this election is nearing. quite a lot to think about--and write about--there. maybe soon. I need to be sure that I know what I am backing up, thinking, voting for. 2 weeks of serious study coming up!

speaking of votes, I am intrigued by the decision to 'go wet or stay dry' in Blount and other counties. that woudk be some good writing, me thinks.

this year, 2008 marks twenty year anniversary of Night Train's, and my, first real public performance on a stage with fans and an actual band. I wont try to collect my memories from that one. just keep a close eye on youtube.com in he coming weeks. you may start with a "Matt Smith guitar hero" search. you wont regret it.

I have been (re)discovering the art of Jeff Beck. this man was and remains a visionary. he the dude doesnt use a pick!!! I would never have guessed by istenign to him, and I call myself listenign to him a lot. my homeboy Lee el Brocko told me so as we gathered the other day and did our fellowship thang. btw, if you know el Brocko, please let him know he needs Farnsworth--and Farnsworth needs him!

I return to Master Cheng in the morning, to complete this season of tai chi and kung fu. I will feel good after this. I will use it, I hope, to springboard my new fitness routine getting ready for a good, healthy fall, new leaf, and perhaps...a new uniform?

well yes, ths is some serious stream of conciousness writing, right here, I say! if you have stuck wiht me thus far, then you get a treat. a new promise that I will not write again (here) unless I have a direct, pithy, vitally prolific topic. I would welcome suggestions.

and, I may just have yet another title for this or some other blog. stay tuned for the grand revelation. a lot going through this mind. pennant baseball will often do that to you. Red Sox baseball will always do it to me!

the Lord bless you and keep you. the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you. the Lord lift up his continence upon you, and give you peace.

MMS

No comments: