Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A, Rather My, New Covenant

Bonjour dear reader,

to the millions, possibly trillions, maybe even googol of readers out there, I, upon the urging of a true friend and fellow artist (pickin', grinnin', bloggin', thinkin'), have decided to challenge myself. Hereby be it known to all mens and w0men-folk that: whereas, the truth is out there and whereas, people need the truth and whereas, I have something to say:

I will be doing my level darndest to keep an entry coming to this blog, and/or The Gospel in Baileyton every week. Keeping in mind, I live in a beautiful, little, rural, farm-land town in Cullman County--yes, home to the Baileyton Good Time Drag Strip! MA and I love living there, though the only drawback I can find (other than one noisy neighbor family and a few snakeskins here and there) is the painful lack of broadband internet. The is hope; there is always hope.

We can get the internets. We have the technology.

A blog topic in its own right is the injustice that there are places that have access to all the online and downlaodable information in all the world--to include places like Kenya, Thailand, and even areas of Siberia, I'd guestimate--and yet, some places that are denied the ability to connect to this world wide web. The selection of who gets hi-speed, broadband internets and who doesnt is based solely on profit. As is most everything. Right and wrong, justice or no, has little bearing. And I am willing to pay my [ridiculous] price for this service! We are denied dsl, cable, and other commonly available internet platforms because there arent enough others to make it financially sound for "Big Internets"--yes, AT&T, Charter and all the rest. This makes me mad. Yes, mad like a goat!

Though with the spirit sound of We Shall Overcome and other shouts of righteousness, justice and hope ringing in my crown, I still commit to posting with prunish regularity! You may get a silly, short, disjointed piece such as this. Or, you may just stumble across some variant reading, or 'Varia Lecto' as we...I like to call it. It may give you that moment of clarity. It may point you in the direction of the Divine. It may spark your determination to help call upon the power of the people to abolish--once and for all--interleague play. It may do all these things and more. It may make you mad as a goat!

And so, more and more, I'll get back to you!
MMS, Esquire

No comments: